My mom gave me a sewing machine two years ago and I have had fun working on some projects. There are so many craft blogs out there (comment with your favorite so I can find more!) and they have really given me some great ideas to make our home look better. We still have pretty much blank walls and no window coverings so I am trying to make improvements a little at a time so as not to kill the budget. I took the green curtains from the living room and shortened them for our bedroom windows. We have a green couch set and there was just too much green. They match the new bed set perfectly but the only downside is that the room stays so dark now in the mornings I don't want to get out of bed!
My new curtains for the living room will be made out of this fabric:

The dark fabric is a rich brown corduroy. I really like
these curtains from
http://makeitandloveit.blogspot and mine will look similar but the flower fabric is going to be about the top third of the curtain panel.
I have some extra flower fabric that I will use to recover some throw pillows. I also want to make some sort of wall hangings and I really like
these one (again from make it and love it)
The kids' room is going to be jungle theme--mostly so I didn't have to buy a new crib set for the baby. I have fabric to make valances and my mom has letters for Carson's name. I found some fun vinyl circles of all sizes from an etsy seller so I will get those to go around the room.
I found a new craft blog last week and it had a sewing project I thought that even I could do. The blog is:
http://madebyrae.blogspot.com and this is what I made:

It is called the Itty Bitty Baby dress and I was pretty impressed with my self! For a more experienced seamstress it would be a piece of cake. The dress ties at the shoulders so there aren't any buttons or zippers to mess with. I bought some really cute fabric to try and make another one. I want to make matching ones for our baby and Kaci and Ryan's baby so hopefully I will have that done soon.
1 comment:
great job on the dress! Love that you are willing to just jump in there and try things....all you girls are, you must get that from your Mom!
Loved the cute shoes above. Girls are really fun to dress!
Post a Comment