I would LOVE to have my house look like the rooms you see in magazines, but I doubt that will ever happen. I love not having clutter, I think it looks better and it is less stressful for me to have things put away. That being said my kitchen table is a stopping point for many things in our home. Zac always asks why we bought this nice furniture if we are just going to pile it with stuff. I am working on it but that project seems to always be there. Over the past few months as I have cleaned different areas in my home I have accumulated quite a pile of stuff. I am planning a yard sale next month at my parent's house. Zac's mom has some things and so does my grandma so we will see if we can make some extra cash.
We have almost lived here a year and for the most part the walls are still bare. I really want curtains in the bedrooms and some vinyl wall art/sayings. Hopefully I can make some money at the yard sale to get them.
So for today I spent my 15 minutes on Carson's room. He has A LOT of toys and scatters them all over his room. When I pick his toys up from around the house I usually just dump them in his room. Well today I went through all the toys, took out broken ones, put some clothes away that were too small, picked up all the books, and vacuumed. It looks much better now...he will probably have it messy by the end of the night, but in a week or so that can be my 15 minutes of cleaning up the clutter!
Carson found his old Halloween costume and hat/gloves from last year and wore them all morning.


4 comments:
Carson is so cute. I am one of those people that hate messes. I think the 15 minutes thing is a good idea. I always put off those projects like putting away the too little clothes...what a pain. His room looks so nice now. By the way - I have a cricut and cut vinyl with it all the time. I only have 3 fonts, but vinyl is cheap and if you ever want me to cut you any sayings I would love to.:) It is SO MUCH cheaper than buying them.
umm i love the blanket on carson's bed....brings back many good memories of you and me, and cedar city. (i think its the same).
slacker its time to update!
Your little boy is so cute! I knew Zac from college, His cousin Dusty Married my best friend Melanie, anyway I found you blog through theirs. Your little guy looks just like you.I knew his family a little bit, so it was fun seeing everyone all grown up.
Post a Comment