Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our new baby

Macey Kristine Jacobson
May 10, 2010
8:27 p.m.
7lbs 9 ozs
21 inches long

We are all doing great and enjoying the new addition. On Monday morning I started having contractions at 7 and they continued throughout the day sometimes regular and sometimes not. Around 4 they started to be 5 minutes apart so we headed to my parents house to drop off Carson. My water broke at their house to we quickly went to the hospital! We checked in around 5:30 and I was already dilated to an 8. I was able to have the VBAC I wanted and had a drug free delivery. She was so alert and just beautiful!
Right after she was born
waiting to go to our room
ready to go home.....notice the red bow--We checked a book out at the library last week about a little boy that is getting a new sister. He tells his mom that he wants one with a red ribbon in her hair. The first thing that Carson asked when he saw her was, "mom where is her ribbon?" So the next morning when my mom brought Carson to the hospital they brought a ribbon.

17 comments:

alison said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go! She is absolutely adorable and I love her fingers in the mouth. I want to know what you eat/take to get such cute kids w/thick black hair? Can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl Macey!

Workmans said...

Congratulations to all of you. She is super cute, and I love the hair. How fun is that. Carson did great with the bow.

Aim said...

I love her so much! She is so beautiful! I love her name and am so happy the delivery went well! You super woman! I love you!

It's Miller Time said...

She is so cute Laura! I'm so glad you are doing well and so glad that things went so smoothly!

Jessica said...

oh my heck is she not the cutest thing ever!!! i am so glad things went so well for you. i also love the bow. she looks just like you. i am so jealous all these new baby girls, i need mine to come really soon. she is getting lonely up in heaven now with out all her friends. cant wait to meet her.

The Kotlacova Cowgirl said...

Thanks for posting pics I've been checking your blog ever since I heard about macey's arrival. She is so precious! Congrats

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Congrats! The pics are so wonderful!

Natalie said...

Laura & Zac, She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the pic in her carseat. What a pretty little thing. I think she has a little bit of a Carson look! I am so glad it went well and you got to do it the way you wanted! Yay! Congratulations!! Oh,and I love the name Macey! So cute!

Tianna Groves said...

She is SO STINKEN CUTE!! She looks alot like Carson, I Love her already!! You should send her out my way please so I can get some snuggles from her. She'll be almost 6 months by the time I get to see her :(

MattandNikiJ said...

I dont think that I can stay away any longer. Everytime I see pics it makes me want to come out and see you guys even more. So tomorrow I will find someone to watch Logan while I run out for a little. She is so PRECIOUS.

amy said...

Congrats Laura...She is BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! She looks so much like Carson :) I'm glad everything went so well and you are both doing good. I hope my delivery is as easy as your's, I'm scared :S

John + Bethany said...

She is beautiful! I'm so glad things went well and that everyone is doing good. Congrats!

Lois Brown said...

Congratulations! She is a beauty and definately yours! the story about the red bow and your mom bringing one up may me cry! Carson is going to be a great big brother! Love you and your sweet family!

The Staley Family said...

What a cute girl. I am glad to hear that everything went well. Congratulations on your new addition!

Cassie said...

So, what can I say that hasn't been said already? What a cute baby and I love the name you picked. Congrats to mom and dad!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.