Monday, May 24, 2010
At the Hospital
When we got to the hospital all of the delivery rooms were full so we had to go to this tiny room. We were only in there for about 30 minutes and then a room opened up....I was so glad because this first room was like a closet!
Once into delivery suite, two ladies from the lab came to draw my blood. One of the ladies was in training and she asked for my arm during the middle of a contraction and I tried to nicely tell her not now. The other girl with her says, "oh don't ask them in the middle of a contraction!" I was having horrible back labor and each contraction was killing my back. Zac would have to press really hard on my back to help it not feel so intense. The whole time I was contemplating asking for medicine and didn't think that I could do it. Zac and the nurse were so awesome encouraging me and telling me that I could do it. I labored for about an hour and then was able to start pushing. I am pretty sure that this was the hardest thing I have ever done. I pushed for about an hour and a half and was so tired. They were only going to give me two hours so it was such a relief when she was born. I couldn't believe I had done it! She was so perfect and this next picture is right after she was born the doctor set her up on my chest. I held her for a few minutes and then the nurse took her to get cleaned up. The after pains hurt almost as much as the contractions. My mom brought Carson in pretty soon after she was born and he was loving his new sister. Zac's mom and my dad came in next and then Ryan and Kaci came after that. We had to stay in that room for two hours and then we got to our room at about midnight. My dad has some pics of our family that I need to get from him so I will have to add them later.


She weighed in at 7lbs 9 ozs and was 21 inches long. Carson was 8lbs 8 ozs and 22 inches long. They look so much a like but I think that Macey might have blue eyes and Carson's are brown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Beautiful baby!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Post a Comment