Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fun Weekend

Sarah's b-day was on the 18th so they came home for the weekend and Bryker's first trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We had so much fun and spent a lot of time in Filer.  On Friday we went over to spend the night.  There were a lot of people in and out and all of the sudden I realized I couldn't find Carson.  We looked for 10 minutes inside and out calling his name and I was getting panicked.  Ryan suggested I look and see if our gameboy was still in the diaper bag.  It was but Jill's was missing.  We ended up finding him by my parent's bed hiding with the gameboy.  I was so mad!!!  He got the game taken away and he went to timeout.  I usually only let him play in the car but that will change because he is so obsessed with Mario.  I grounded him from the wii for 4 days and now he has a 30 minute limit if he plays it.  He still hasn't gotten the gameboy back.   I am trying to find a balance with the technology in our lives.  He picks things up quite fast and then becomes hooked.  We are excited for the warmer weather so we can get out of the house!

Saturday Sarah and I went to town and found some good deals at Old Navy and Once Upon a Child.  I got a pretty Easter dress for Macey for only $6 and another one for just $4.50.  I was excited because the dresses at the store were at least $20.  Everyone met together that night and we had dinner for Sarah's bday.  It is amazing how big a group we are now!  Jill and Kade taught us to play Quiddler (which I loved--but totally lost!)

On Sunday evening we went back over because Grandma and Jay were in town for a funeral so it was good to see them. ***funny note--I can't remember if it was this weekend or the one before but Carson said something funny after church.  I asked him what he learned about in Sunbeams....he said Jesus (that is always his answer!)  He told me, "mom, Jesus has powers!"  I said, "what kind?"  He says, "He can FLY!"  I said no he can't and Carson responds with, "YES he can....he lives in Heaven and it is really up high so how does he get there?  Totally cracked me up!  Carson said he had huge wings!  I told him no wings but yes he can fly!

Monday we went back into town to see Sarah and Terry one last time and kiss Bryker goodbye.  That kid is so dang cute and they should hurry and finish school and then move next door to me so we can be neighbors!

No comments: