Sunday, May 31, 2009

Asparagus

Growing up my family would go for a drive and pick asparagus. I have always love to eat it and now Zac does too. He had never had it until we were married (crazy, I know!) and Carson is a fan too. All along the road by our hay field there is a bunch growing. We picked it a few times for dinner and it was delicious.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That's crazy, does asparagus just grow wild there? That's awesome if it does.

Lois Brown said...

wow, I never knew! But how cool!

MarshandKrissy said...

I miss picking wild asparagus! Eat some for me!!!

Muggy Moments said...

Very cool that you were able to get some wild asapargus...I remember asparagus used to grow along the field in our backyard. ALthough I have always loved it, I didn't have much appreciation for being able to just pick it until I had to start buying it :)

Nicole Feliciano said...

Yum! Guess what. You won, you won! Visit Momtrends to check it out:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/06/may-winners.html

Anonymous said...

i love asparagus! i think it is delicious!!! there are so many ways to make it....but of course the way my mama makes it is my favorite! :)

i cant believe zac hadn't had it......crazy!

Hey my verification word is dente---like i like my pasta al dente! Not good to be thinking about pasta on my diet!