Thursday, December 18, 2008

ER Visit

Lets just say that our local ER is nothing like the TV show! I have only been to the emergency room one time and that was with my dad when I was a kid. He had to have stitches after he took an elbow to the eye playing basketball. Well last night Zac and I got to take Carson to the ER because he fell and hurt his arm. That place sure had a lot of interesting people. It was really busy and we saw our neighbor and another friend there too. Carson just sat in my lap and cried while we waited for almost two hours to get in and then another hour later we got to go home. He had several x-rays taken and it didn't appear to be broken so they put it in a splint and sent us home for the night. They ER attendant wanted us to see an orthopedic doctor today so we took Carson in and he ended up having to get a cast. Poor kid! It is hard to see your baby go through something like that and have him cry so hard. He seems to be doing well but he isn't too sure about this cast. Dad picked out the dinosaurs.
This is the splint they put on his arm last night. He is loving the empty wrapping paper rolls as his Uncle Ryan showed him how to make noises with them.
I couldn't get him to look at me, but this is the real cast that he will have for three weeks




6 comments:

Lois Brown said...

poor baby! I'm so sorry! Thanks for your blog so I can follow it now....also, funny that i just switched to this background becuase I wasn't happy with my other christmas background. I didn't know really! I guess great minds think alike! Carson is in our prayers!

Heather said...

They sure make casts cuter than they used to!! I hope is feeling much better he looked so sad there. I'm totally with you when you say the interesting people come to the ER at night...Wow!! Anyway, i hope he gets back to his old self soon.

Sabra said...

Poor kid!

I have been to the ER a few times, and yes, it is way slow...not at all like you see on TV.

Hope Carson is doing well!

Lamb Family said...

That is so sad! I cannot believe Ty is as wild and crazy as he is and we have not yet been to the ER! I hope he gets better fast! We miss you guys!

Debi said...

Hi Laura! I found your blog and I think you are the cutest family! Little Carson is adorable! So sorry about his arm. Hope he recovers well. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list so I can see keep in touch.

Debi Youngs

Cassie said...

Carson is way cute! It's good to hear from you and I'm so glad you found me on facebook! My blog is rhessie.blogspot.com